If you enjoy spoken storytelling, please join us. We're getting good at Zooming and we like that people can join in where ever they are in the world.
Friends in NSW in lockdown, don't be shy, come along and know that you will be made to feel especially welcome.
Friday 16 July 7.30 pm
Email: email@example.com and Jackie will forward the link to you.
Subject: Newport Storytellers: a July Zoom
Our aim is to be inclusive and welcoming to all in this space. Sexist, racist, homophobic and ableist stories, songs and comment hurt and exclude people.
How it works
- These gatherings are informal and playful
- We welcome storytellers, singers (with a song that tells a story) and listeners
- We love to hear your news and listen to works in progress
- Contributions around the 6 - 10 min mark (zoom can be tiring)
- We plan for an hour but if we're still enjoying ourselves, we may go over.
- On arrival we will create a list of participants and post in the chat so you know where you are.
|This is the Newport Scout Hall taken mid winter during the Newport Folk Festival 2019. The Hall has hosted many memorable story evenings; listeners and tellers huddled around a crackling fire.|